Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday so we went for some homemade lasagna and cake and ice cream. He is now at the ripe young age of 53:) My Mom and I decided that for his 55th we are going to do something with all the married couples, maybe a trip, a cruise I think. So my younger siblings better get on it! It was a fun evening! My Dad was a gymnast so it's a tradition that every year on his birthday he does a back handspring. So this was our experience...
Warming up with a hand stand.
Still warming up, stretching his back..... He did do one warm up handspring on the trampoline before...

The final one! He did it, yay!
And he loved it, can you tell?! Love you Dad!

Til next year:)

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Your dad can do a back flip, oh ya well my dad can do a toe touch. Ok just kidding, but he really can. I loved you pictures of Europe. I'm so glad you posted them. Wow how beautiful. I hope we can go there someday. You didn't get any pictures of the resturants though, or did I miss it. You family looks great, we miss you guys. John was so bummed to leave Mike after he had just started getting to know him. Give us I call when you come to NYC. Love ya!

jklaproth said...

wow! i'm impressed, that's crazy he can still do that! but just wondering if you want to get together this week? maybe Thursday? I think Nicole Arments, Amanda Romney, Candice, possibly Jen Moore and some other girls wanna come! Feel free to invite anyone! Kinda turning out to be a little reunion! Maybe we can just all go to lunch somewhere 'kid friendly' or even do something in the evening. anyway, let me know what you think!

Blog Stalker said...

WOW! Pretty cool. Great that he is able to do that. Nice post.

The Crandell Crew said...

That's so cool! Good for him! He is such a good guy!

Marjolein said...

O my gosh I totally remember him doing that! I was only with mom and dad for 2 weeks (not even) and then dad started doing his back flips. I thought it was awesome! What's even more awesome is that he is still doing it! Fun times!